Tuesday, October 27, 2009

D A Y - 3 2

Today I experienced some of the most intense rain I have ever been out in. I think this rain trumped that of the torrential down poor that the guests of Bestival 2008 endured that long weekend. It did make me a little skeptical about leaving the confinement of the apartment, but didn’t stop me. I headed over to Bleecker street to the Le Poisson Rouge club (they have a wonky fish tank in the foyer, I thought it was way cool.) We were there to see Múm, an Icelandic band. They were amazing, evoking a trance like state as I stood in the crowd. Their album artwork was beautiful too, I really liked this one……

I fell over as I got out of the station at Bedford Avenue, it was one of those moments that you see in slow motion and there is nothing in your power to stop it happening: I felt my foot lock in the sidewalk; my balance lost from my person and all I could do was brace for impact. Once down I had an American man help me up as the sounds of Akin’s hysterical laughter filled the air. I was soaked in result from this. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment