Thursday, October 1, 2009

D A Y - 8

After finally getting hold of my cell phone, caught up in my feeling of overwhelming accomplishment, i strolled around for a while (turning into a long while) finding myself to be pretty much lost, all the way down by Wall Street. The streets were filled with suited business peeps and food carts. walking amongst the rushing suits, I saw the blank piece of sky which was once filled with the twin towers.
turning the corner I find another landmark from 'SJP's comprehensive (ish) guide to THE BIG APPLE'...... 'Century 21' (described in the guide as "TK Maxx on speed") she was not wrong. With Chloe boots for $170 and Mark Jacobs pumps for $100, this place was rediculous, but hard work and couldn't cut it so I left.
As I was leaving, a 'see by chloe' dress catches my eye, it bares a striking reseblence to the work of Stephanie Powell, the example bellow isn't as similar as others of her work, but you can get the idea.....

(see by chloe)

(Stephanie Powell, Tourist 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment